Calcite Media (Calcium Carbonate Mineral) pH Correction, Acid Neutralizing Media (5 lbs)
Special Price $19.99 Regular Price $24.99
5 LBS OF CALCITE MEDIA
ACID NEUTRALIZING MEDIA
- 5 lbs of Calcite pH filter media made from naturally occuring calcium carbonate
- Slow reaction rate allows for controlled pH correction
- Requires 8 GPM per sq. foot of tank area for backwashing and 6 GPM service flow rate
- Enough media to fill 8" x 44" tank system...see product description for additional tank sizes
- Media typically needs replenished annually depending on pH level, water usage, and water chemistry
5 lbs Acid Neutralization Media.
Acidic waters on contact with Calcite slowly dissolve the calcium carbonate media to raise the pH which reduces the potential leaching of copper, lead and other metals found in typical plumbing systems.
Advantages: l High uniformity coefficient for maximum contact for controlled pH correction l Slower reacting l Inexpensive Physical Properties: l Color - Near White l Density - 100 lbs./cu. ft. l Composition - CaCO3, 95% minimum - MgCO3, 3.0% maximum Conditions for Operation: l pH - 5 - 6 l Bed Depth - 24 - 30 in. l Backwash Rate - 8-12 GPM/sq. ft. l Backwash Bed Expansion - 35% of bed depth l
Write Your Own Review