DetailsBIG BLUE 4.5" x 10" CARTRIDGE.10" x 4.5" for Chlorine, Bacteria, Heavy Metal RemovalTHIS FILTER CARTRIDGE WILL FIT BIG BLUE HOUSING 10" CanistersSPECIAL MIX OF ACTIVATED CARBON AND KDF 55
The activated carbon removes organic contaminants to substantially improving water clarity, taste, and odor. It does NOT add any harmful chemicals to the water, making it completely safe for drinking water applications.
The life of the filter cartridge depends on the contamination level (iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide levels) and amount of water consumed on a daily basis. The expected filter life for a typical residential application is about 20,000 gallons (75,500 L). For best results and longest filter-life, a sediment pre-filter is recommended.What types of contaminants are you dealing with?
- low cost iron filter
- water filter cartridge easy to replace cartridge - no media regeneration necessary!
- backwashing not required NO backwashing required!
- effective pH level effective over a wide pH range of 6.5 to 8.5
- septic water system will not harm your septic system
- carbon filter filter features built-in granular activated carbon post-filter for the removal of a wide range of organic contaminants and better tasting water.
- bacteriostatic filter filter media inhibits bacteria growth (bacteriostatic)
Problem Likely Cause rusty red or brown staining of fixtures or laundry and/or your water has a metallic taste excess iron black staining of fixtures or laundry excess manganese rotten egg smell from water Hydrogen sulfide (H2S)
How it Works: KDF85 media acts as a catalyst to change soluble iron (ferrous) cations into insoluble ferric hydroxide which becomes trapped in the filter. The hydrogen sulfide is converted into an insoluble sulfide precipitate which is then similarly trapped and filtered. Ferric iron is removed by mechnical filtration.
Specifications & Operating Conditions: Housing Material Polypropylene Maximum Recommended Flow Rate 3 Gallons Per Minute (11 LPM) Recommended Operating Temp. Range: 40-100°F (4.4 to 37°C) Maximum Recommended Pressure 90 PSI (6.2 bar) Required pH level: 6.5 to 8.5 Recommended Dissolved Oxygen : Iron level in ppm x 0.6 Maximum Recommended Iron Level: 5 ppm (mg/l)
- Additional Information
Model Number BBGACKDF55-10 UPC No Brand Premier Water Systems Item Number 0 Shipping Length 5 Shipping Width 5 Shipping Height 10 Shipping Weight 4