10" LimeScale Reducing Water Filter Cartridge 2.5" x 10" - SLOW PHOS Poly Phosphate Crystals - SCALE INHIBITOR
- 2510SLPH cartridges are designed to fit 10" Standard or Slim Line filter housings
- This mix of coconut shell carbon (GAC) and phosphate is most often used for scale prevention, corrosion inhibition, and iron control.
- Highly effective at reducing scale, corrosion and iron staining
- Ideal for a variety of food service equipment, as well as other types of water processing equipment
- Scale Treatment: Hardness particles are kept separated so they cannot precipitate and form deposits when heated. Maximum hardness 15 gpg
- Corrosion Treatment: A protective coating is formed on all metal surfaces, safeguarding against acidity/alkalinity, hardness, chloride and other factors which effect the corrosion of water equipment and pipes. pH range 6.5 - 9.0
- Iron Treatment: Dissolved iron, up to 1 ppm, is kept suspended in solution (sequestered), preventing dissolved iron from precipitating, which would cause staining and discoloration
Premier Lime/Scale Reducing Drop in Water Cartridge Filter 2.5" x 10" Slow Phos Filter
2.5" x 10" Phosphate Cartridge
The cartridges contain food grade slow melt polyphosphate that dissolves slowly in water to inhibit scale and rust build-up. This type of treatment is recommended for use with ice machines, coffee and vending machines, food service equipment, water heaters, air conditioning equipment and many other types of water processing equipment. All materials are FDA grade. The cartridges are effective for treating scale, corrosion and iron problems for up to six months at various flow rates and feed concentrations.
SCALE - Hardness particles are kept separated so they cannot precipitate and form deposits when heated. Maximum hardness: 8 GPG.
CORROSION - A protective coating is formed on all metal surfaces, safeguarding against acidity/alkalinity, hardness, chloride and other factors which effect the corrosion of water equipment and pipes. pH range: 6.5 - 9.0
IRON - Dissolved iron, up to 1ppm, is kept suspended in solution (sequestered), preventing dissolved iron from precipitating, which would cause staining and discoloration.
Features & Benefits
- Fits all standard 2.5" x 10" Standard Slimline Filter Housings
- Features 100% Slow Melt Polyphosphate and Coconut Shell Carbon
- All Materials Are FDA grade
- Highest Total Capacity Phosphate Cartridge
- Sonic welded construction prevents media from migrating
- Length: 9.75"
- Diameter: 2-5/8"
- Filter Media: Food Grade Polyphosphate
- Shell: Polypropylene
- Pre-Filter: Polypropylene
- Post-Filter: Polypropylene
- Gaskets: Buna- N
- Temperature Rating: 40°F to 100°F (4.4°C to 37.8°C)
SLOW PHOS - Polyphospate Beads
- Polyphosphate and Carbon filled to prevent scale accumulation
- Protects plumbing system metals from acid water corrosion
- Change every 4 - 6 months
- Significantly extends the life of all water using appliances from the adverse impact of acidic and hard water conditions
The filter cartridge is filled with polyphosphate spheres which provide the essential protection to both tankless and traditional hot water tank systems. This ingredient reacts with naturally occurring calcium bicarbonates in the water supply to form a thin, tight, non-corrosive, passivating film on pipe walls. This film is almost like a glass coating, separating the water from the metal plumbing / hot water system.
If you are any part of the country with hard water, which happens to be most of us, you have the potential of creating scale in any piece of equipment that heats or boils water. This is because the same dissolved chemicals that cause hard water also cause scale buildup. But the same chemicals also cause water spots on your glassware, white residue build-up in your water faucets & shower heads, and in some cases - tough to remove stains in your porcelain bathroom fixtures.
It doesn't matter if you are a restaurant owner trying to manage your company's image or a homeowner trying to extend the life of your coffee pot, if you have a hard water problem it's usually in your best interest to install one or more scale reduction filters. And often you can combine a scale reduction filter and a chlorine reduction filter in one package. But pay special attention to the change frequency if you do this. Scale reduction filters are rated in grains of hardness and often the scale reduction ability of your filter will drop off before you start tasting chlorine in the water. In other words, change your scale reduction filter on the schedule recommended by the manufacturer and not by taste for continued protection against scale buildup.
Fits All Standard 10" Reverse Osmosis or While House Water Filtration Systems
|Brand||Premier Water Systems|